Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Simplification for the Body - Hands and Feet

For quite awhile now I have been trying my best to de-clutter and simplify my life: Car, house, body, brain, and spirit. It all seems overwhelming which is the complete opposite of simplification so I decided (which is really difficult for me, by the way) to ask myself two questions: What can I do? and What am I willing to do? I am applying these to the smallest part of each over all task. 

Right now, I am contemplating my body so I will start with my feet. I have no interest in things like pedicures, I just want to treat them nicely because they do a lot of work for me. I have a ton of soft, fuzzy socks so I am already a step ahead (ha ha). They are well calloused because I only wear shoes when absolutely necessary and I'm fine with that. I occasionally like to give them a good scrub and lather on a slightly mentholated cream (right now I have Shaklee's Herbal Blend Multi-Purpose Cream) before putting on a pair of those lovely socks. Of course they don't stay on long but that's okay, too. I did just treat them to a pair of BOBS from Skechers Women's Pureflex Supastar Flats (which run small, btw, so I had to get a size 10, ugh) but they're really comfy and the arch support is in the right place so they'll do.

Next up - my hands. They are a mess, poor things, but I have been treating my nails with Nutra Nail Growth Treatment with Green Tea and using Yves Rocher Riche Creme Hand Cream to moisturize them. I also just stocked up on C. O. Bigelow Rose Salve which is my all time favorite lip balm but it works wherever you put it so I am currently also using it as a cuticle cream. I don't paint them, or do manicures, I just use a nail block (The Body Shop makes my favorite one but, holy cow, the price has tripled!) to file, buff, smooth and shine my nails. I am also trying to remember to take a hair and nail strengthening supplement also. I really hate taking pills, though which is ironic because I have dozens of vitamin, mineral, and herb supplements. I have also gotten rid of a lot due to my new "simplifiy and declutter" mentality. Okay, the mentality I am working on, anyway.

I have also sorted through all the make-up I don't wear anyway (or rarely wear) and am planning to donate un-used items to the local thrift shop. They will at least get a nice assortment of nail polish and lip stick, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment