Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring is springing!

We've hit over 60 F TWICE in the last week or so here in southeast Michigan so I now firmly believe spring is on it's way.  The other day, I watched winter and spring battle it out - furious snow for a few moments, followed by periods of sporadic sunshine and wind gusts up to 44 mph (according to weather.com). I'm sure we'll see a few colder days before winter finally gives up and I've yet to see my first robin but I'm keeping an eye out. To me, once I see that robin, spring is here, no matter what Mother Nature throws at us.

So it's spring cleaning time. Not that I indulge every year, cleaning and I don't exactly get along, but hubby's birthday is this Saturday (yes, he's a St. Patrick's Day baby) and he's inviting his family over so the house gets a cleaning. He wants some sort of jewelry with a fish on it as he's a Pisces - I've picked out about a dozen or so fish beads/charms available from my fellow Etsians.

Cleaning means Shaklee in our household but I'm pretty sure I have enough of their Basic H cleaner to get the job done. This stuff is marvelous - one or two drops in an 8 oz spray container filled with water and it does a wonderful job on windows.  Add a little more and you have an all purpose cleaner; add a little more and you have a degreaser - three cleaners that you can refill multiple times all for $10 - $12 is not a bad deal at all. And yes, it works quite well. While I'm mentioning Shaklee faves another can't-live-without product is their Nature Bright® Laundry Booster & Stain Remover - it works about as well as bleach and doesn't break down the elasticity of socks and underwear. It works on colors as well, just follow the instructions.


Their cleaners don't kill germs, though - they do have antibacterial wipes (which I have a whole container of) but a simple essential oil spritz will also work nicely. Many EOs have natural antibacterial/antimicrobial/antifungal properties (see one of my other blogs, http://www.thoughts.com/BrownEyedLark, for more on that and Avon/Tupperware/Shaklee).

No comments:

Post a Comment